Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Study Period 2 & Life

Study period 2 has now begun.

I had my exam last night for SSK12. I think I have passed it, I felt fairly confident walking out of that exam. Also came to the conclusion that I don't like writing an essay under pressure! Time management wise I did ok. I think I could have used another 10mins easily for the essay but I had to try and stick to a breakdown of time between each section of the exam. Results for the unit overall should be available in 4-6 weeks. Possibly sooner if my tutor marks exams as quick as he marked and returned our assessment pieces!!

So now I'm venturing into 2 new subjects and let me just say that I am feeling more confident this study period than the first, and I think I'll be alright with both subjects. The units this period are Creative and Professional Writing as well as Images of Australia 1A (two part subject that spans across two level 1 units).

I also decided to apply for UNE's double degree of B.Arts/B.Teaching for 2009. I have read and re-read the course structure and I feel that it would be best if I was able to take on that degree and know that I am choosing and studying the right units. That's the only downside to OUA I suppose, ensuring you are studying the right things to get you where you want to be. Of course if I am unsuccessful with UNE for semester 1 then I can continue with OUA without a problem. So either way I will end up where I want to be and with the degree that I want.

That's the study side of things updated, now for life.

Where to start?? I suppose with the positives first would be good. Ethan is now crawling and pulling himself up to stand. He is 9 1/2 months old and is a whopping 11.2kg!! Who would think that at 2mths of age he was hovering on that 10th percentile for weight almost dropping below it to well and truly above it now! He is doing really well. He still only says 'mum' and 'bub' but he's making other sounds. He's just started with the "l" sound and he pokes his tongue out and whips his tongue from side to side making "l" sounds, almost sounds like "lol lol lol lol" (no not laughing out loud! ha ha!). He also has a hilarious Beavis laugh! Anyone who is familiar with Beavis and Butthead will understand this. I am yet to record it on my phone because everytime I try, Ethan would rather eat the phone!!

Both Rhiannah and Tayla are doing well also. They're both playing netball this season and Tayla's team has won the last 4 games in a row!! Not sure where they are sitting in the competition but they have won 4 of 6 games so far. Rhiannah's team has won 2 of their games but they are not in the competition as of yet. The u7's - u9's are not considered competitive as they're really just teaching them the concepts of the game, rules and positions etc. It's so cute seeing all these little tiny girls in their netball uniforms trying to shoot goals though!! (Posts aren't lowered for them in our comp.)

Chipmunk and Turtle are still with us, though some days I really wonder why!! Yes things are still stressful and chaotic. Although I do have to admit we seem to get a flow of good days without much indicident at all, and then rolls on the second wave! Some days it seems like they both store up all the naughtiness to come out in one huge wave over a day or two. Frustrating isn't close enough to describe how it feels. Today we're off to have a full paediatric assessment done on them both, something that should've been done when they FIRST were put in care, not 2yrs later!! So that will hopefully cover some of the behavioural issues we have to deal with.

Family support is still very minimal. I'm not even going to start venting about that, I'll be here all day! Let's just sum it up by saying that improvements in support have been made with one family member with more help being given in the past 2 months than in the past 2yrs however with one other family member, well they may as well not exist considering the effort they put in - which is ZERO!!

Saving the best news to last, our QLD holiday is only a month away!! The unit is booked, paid for, and awaiting our arrival!!! I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!

No comments: