Saturday, September 20, 2008

Endings and Beginnings

Much has changed since the last time I blogged.

We had our QLD getaway in the July school holidays and it was absolutely fantastic. Of course, after each trip "home", I start to think about moving to the Sunshine Coast and mentally preparing and planning for it. How much of it eventuates into real life is anyone's guess but I would love to be able to pack up my family and relocate there.

Both Tayla and Rhiannah had an awesome time and Ethan had his first trip to the beach. He wasn't too keen on sand between the toes though!! We did a lot of things together and spent a bit of time with my best friend, who I have to say, is the number 1 thing that I miss about living in QLD.

Anyway moving on because there's so much to update here!

Last post I was talking about having just sat an exam for SSK12. Well I'm pleased to report that I received a 'distinction' for that subject. In study period 2 I attempted to study 2 subjects again and failed miserably. I let AUS11 slide as I couldn't keep up and focused more on COM14. However, I did miss an assessment for that subject and I'm currently waiting on the marks for the final assessment which I hope give me enough to scrape through on a pass. I've learnt my less and am only doing one subject at the moment and that is ENG110. I'm not behind on it although I do have a fair bit I should be getting through this weekend. I have my first assessment next week which is a 1-hour online exam that once you start, you cannot stop or pause it to resume later so I'll definitely have to set aside some time to get through that.

Chipmunk and Turtle are leaving us next week. They'll embark on a new adventure in their lives and one that I hope proves to be the best thing for them. Since our break away we have had the same problems happening and the same level of support from people - almost none! It got to a point where near the end of their assessments we spoke to the relevant people and asked if they thought being in an environment where they were the only young children would benefit them. As it turns out, all parties agreed and that is exactly what is happening. I'm feeling half guilty for playing a part in their moving on, but the other half of me is relieved. I will have my family resume to 'normal', Chipmunk and Turtle will hopefully be able to access the help that they need (that has not yet been provided to them while they've been with us), and they'll no doubt thrive on the attention they'll receive that we are unable to give them. This isn't happening on bad terms. It really is what is best for everyone and believe me when I say it wasn't a decision that was made lightly.

In other news, Cruz has joined the family. He's a gorgeous mahogany brindle Staffordshire Bull Terrier and he is almost 4months old. We've had him for almost 2months now and he's settled into the household pretty well. He's claimed a few toys here and there, developed a shoe fetish and likes to chase the cat. Three weeks ago he started basic obedience training and is doing really well, although some days I'm sure he likes to pretend he knows nothing! We've successfully crate trained him overnight so there's no more little surprises to step in when you first wake up of a morning.

On the work front I got a promotion! Before I had Ethan I was thinking of where I wanted to go with work and entertained the thought of being an Operations Manager. Of course with 5 children that was a bit out of reach so I let the goal go. However, in light of circumstances changing, I took the plunge and applied and I was successful. My new position starts on October 1st. I am excited about the new challenges and I hope that I'm able to learn as much as I possibly can and not let myself down.

So what does this mean for study? In all honesty, I have no idea right now. I will say that I am going to try to still study however this subject I'm enrolled in now will be the last Arts subject and after this I will be changing paths to a Business Degree. Big change I know but seeing as I'll be in the Admin/HR side of things, it makes sense to change my study path. I won't take on a heavy study load, only one subject at a time and see how I go. Will I cope? Who knows. But if I don't give it a go, I will never know.

This brings me to the family update.

Tayla's netball team made it into the grand final! Unfortunately we lost 19 - 8 but our girls fought all the way to the end! They were really pleased with themselves that in their first year at competition level, they made it all the way through to the end. We were all very proud of them! Both girls are doing athletics for the summer and are enjoying it.

Ethan is now 13months old and walking all over the place! Last ECHN check up he was 13kg, 80.5cm tall and his (boof) head was 50.2cm.

And that I feel is enough of an update for now.

:o)

No comments: