Monday, April 7, 2008

Achievements all round

Tayla played in a 'round robin' netball competition yesterday. It wasn't part of the competition for this season but more of something her coach wanted the team to participate in so they had 'extra practice' so to speak. The round robin was part of a celebration of 50 years for the club hosting the day. All the players received a medal for their participation.

Saturday just gone Ethan sat by himself!! I sat him down on the floor at a friends house and gave him a toy phone to play with and he happily sat up for a good 10minutes before starting to get the wobbles. He can't push himself up into a sitting position yet so we're not at that sitting ability. But this is a milestone nonetheless. He sat again yesterday when we were visiting my parents with a bowl full of his toys in front of him. He thought he was so clever too. You should've seen the cheeky smile on his face while he was sitting and playing.

I had 2 assessments due on Friday of last week. The learning log I submitted 2 days early as it was finished. My essay I submitted 1 day late without penalty. Both have been graded already! Our tutor is really on the ball with this subject. I still haven't received my grade for my first essay of my other subject and that was submitted at the end of week 3! (we have been told though that they'll be mailed out mid-April). Anyway back to the assessments from last week. For my learning log I recieved a Distinction (D), and for my essay I received a Distinction + (D+). I am more than happy!! Particularly with the essay seeing as I did struggle a bit with it and I will admit that I knocked it up in the space of a few hours. Besides a couple of small things, I did surprisingly well with it.

Note to self - don't leave things so late! Second note to self - don't assume because you think your work isn't 'good enough' that someone else will think that! Third note to self - confidence goes a long way!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on those results Cez!!!! I find when I think I've done really badly I usually do okay! As in, think I failed and get an HD instead! .... although am waiting on maths results... am SURE I failed that one!!! We'll see!

Glad the op went okay... hope the follow up is good.

Wow! Good on Ethan for sitting, and glad Tayla had a good netball day!

Jen :)