Friday, April 18, 2008

Half way point

I've reached the half way point of my first study period. There are 13weeks to a study period with OUA and we're nearing the end of week 7 now.

I received my essay back for SGY110 a bit over a week ago and I was graded a C (Credit) with a numerical mark of 72. It's at the high end of a C but not quite enough to be pushed up to being a D but I am still very happy with that mark, especially as I never have enough time for that subject!

I will be better prepared for SP2 that's for sure! I am hoping to have better organisation and time management. I'm not entirely sure how realistic that is but I can try! I've also chosen my subjects for the next period. I'll be studying COM14 - Creative & Professional Writing and AUS11 - Images of Australia (1A). I'm combining an english/literature subject with a history subject which I hear, is a good combination as some history units require a lot of time. Both of these units are through Griffith Uni.

One good thing about studying with OUA is I get to study different units with different universities, although a vast majority will be just with Macquarie which is where I'll be obtaining the degree.

Life in general is coasting along ok. School holidays are proving testing to study time! That mythical concept of time management is beyond me with the kids home! Every 5 minutes I'm hearing "Mum! S/he hit me! Mum! S/he took my book! Mum! Mum! Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum!" I'm considering a name change!

Posting is being cut short by the demands of being a mother........

No comments: