Wednesday, February 13, 2008

First word & pain

Ethan said his first word this morning!! He was being cute in his bed, obviously not sleeping, and he blew a raspberry and said "bub". It was so adorable because right after he gave me the biggest cheesy grin. I'm sure that grin meant "There! You have my first word, now stop trying to make me talk!"

No doubt, it will seem like a week has a past and I'll be saying "be quiet" and "do you ever stop talking?"

This morning I had my body pump class. I LOVE body pump! Before the class I went and stepped on the scales and saw that I had gained 400g on last week!! How that happened I do not know but it was enough for me to say "Right! RPM after body pump it is!" And so I went and did an RPM class straight after. Surprisingly it wasn't as difficult as my first 2 RPM classes I did four months ago. I am thinking that body pump has helped the strength in my legs (squats/lunges) because when I attempted those 2 RPM classes (before trying body pump) I was struggling to do the standing up rides. This time I was able to keep pace and stay up for the length of the "track". Very proud of myself there. (and I better see that 400g disappear next week!)

Uni starts in 2½ weeks, time to start getting organised. I am in the process of working out a balance, schedule if you will, so that I'm able to keep up with study, the kids, the house and still have a bit of "me" time. (I'm a mother......what's "me" time?? I'd give anything to go to the toilet uninterrupted some days!) I'm taking the advice of a couple of good friends and some kind of a schedule or chart is just what I need. Something visual to make sure I'm on track and everything that needs taking care of, is done.

Random fitness quote I found today to end on, made me laugh!! :

The word aerobics came about when the gym instructors got together and said, "If we're going to charge $10 an hour, we can't call it jumping up and down." ~Rita Rudner

No comments: