Monday, February 25, 2008

Just breathe....

Thankfully the weekend turned out better than my entire week!

After lunch on Saturday we packed up all the kids and they went to my parents house. We ended up bringing Ethan home later that night because he just wouldn't settle, and stay settled, so we went and got him and took him to visit some friends with us. Normally we wouldn't take him out past bed time but it wasn't like we were upsetting him by doing so seeing as he was the one wiiiiiidddddeeee aaawwwwaaaakkkkkeeee!! Pleased to say that once he did go to sleep (10pm!!), he didn't stir til 5:30am the following morning, then had a bottle and slept til 9am.

Even though we still had 1 child with us, it was just as good as being completely child free.

Ethan's day sleeping is still leaving a lot to be desired. I'm trying to work out what his new pattern is, and today it is "Let's not give Mummy time to go to her Body Pump Class that she was hanging out for all weekend!!" Typically, Ethan fell asleep at 9:45am and the class started at 10:30am. Guess where I'm not going today?

We had a good, solid, routine worked out that fitted in fantastically around the school runs, my going to the gym and still left me a small amount of time for "me". At the moment, I'm like a headless chook!

Sitting here procrastinating though is NOT getting things done. So I best get started!!

....hmmmm......fairly boring and mundane entry don't you think!?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cez...

Not boring... very telling actually! It's called babies-have-a-sixth-sense-that-mummy-is-starting-uni-next-week.

My kids started 'arguing' about their day sleep at 20-21months... pretty much the first week of Semester 2 in my first year. They would literally take all their clothes off, all the sheets off their cots, and jump around and be silly for 2 hours before going to sleep. I was so used to having them sleeping at that time and I got study done that it was a nightmare! I would ring Brett and be literally curled up on the floor in a ball hysterical (over the top when I think back, but at the time it was a BIG deal!)... We even tried (suggestion of Karitane) me sitting in the room and telling them I am sitting here till you sleep. I would take uni books in... and they would sing at me "Doro-Feee! Dor-Feeee! D-O-R-O Doro-Feee dance iv we!" or "a-c-j-l-p-s-u-v will you sing iv we!" like I was an audience (didn't know whether to laugh or cry) then they would peg things at me - toys, plugs, bottles, pillows, clothes... it was great! For that, I cried!

I struggled that whole semester and finally threw caution to the wind before the start of second year and gave up the day sleep. Best thing I ever did.

My point being... when you are doing Uni, it might seem like the kids (all or any of them!) are doing their best to not let you get anything done... but you'll be surprised how much you will be capable of!

I hope he settles down soon (as does everyone else in your house!)... I do sympathise!

Good luck!

Jen