Friday, February 29, 2008

Just around the corner

Would you believe that this week, Turtle has been a completely different child? Sure he's had his moments as most 4yr old boys would. But overall I would have to say he is a lot better than the child he was being last week. This week he behaved during assembly and earnt 5 stickers at school which in return earnt him free computer time today (at school). Turtle's also been far better behaved at home also. I'm not proclaiming he's mysteriously turned into some kind of angel but I welcome any days where he behaves better than he previously has. I know there's a good kid inside him, he just has to get out once in a while!

I also finally heard back from that Gov't Dept we have to deal with. Finally my requests of referrals is being set into motion. With any luck in 4weeks time we should be well on our way to at least having an initial 'needs assessment' followed later with a 'full paediatric assessment'. Mind you these kinds of things should've been done 18mths ago!!

I've been to the gym twice this week. Ethan has been sleeping again of a day and he seems to be over his cold. So my workouts this week consisted of 1 body pump class and 1 boxing class. Next week I will get back to my 3 classes (over 3 days) and maybe a 4th day of my program.

Uni starts for me from Monday!! I received my study pack for 1 subject in the mail today and I've had a quick look through and am now officially scared!! I have 2 pieces of assessment due in week 2. That's 2 weeks away! Already!! Both pieces are graded as 5% of my final mark each so rather light assessments to begin with. I've seen essay questions for my 2nd essay assessment and that's what has caused the feeling of "oh dear what have I done!?" to set in!

On a good note relating to Uni though, I have spent a few hours over the past couple of days working out my degree structure with OUA. I think I have it worked out now. And it'll able me to major in English and History. I originally had no plan of having a History major but it seems to have worked out that way. I was going to use OUA this year as a means to hopefully gain a place through UNE but now that I've finally worked out a good structure (of course it needs to be approved as meeting all requirements) I'm not so sure I will still go ahead with that application. I will see how I go and then decide.

So as of Monday, I'll be spending less time mindlessly surfing around the net while I'm on the computer and I'll actually be studying, taking notes, setting up my study planner with assessment dates and so on.

And of course on Monday my Mum starts her 1week off work and has already planned lunch out on Monday, movies another day and going out on the Thursday. Wonderful timing Mum!! We don't get to spend much time together these days so I'll work something out so I can accommodate everything, or at least try to!

Obviously this week I am feeling better, calmer, more in control if you will. I know all too well how that feeling can turn back into being over it, fed up, not being able to take much more.

So while it's lasting, I'm enjoying the calmness in my house.......before the storm hits!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cez,

Glad to hear you are having a good week with Turtle... I hope it continues...

Good luck with Uni starting on Monday. It's good to hear you've been able to work out a good degree plan through OUA, so there is no 'mucking around' changing uni's! Who will your degree be through in the end? OUA is such a great concept. I often wonder if other countries have such a system?

Wow. Assessments within the first few weeks. I have that, but I expect it now, in third year. I think if that had happened to me in first year I would've freaked. No actually, that's not true, I would've been happy, because it would probably have meant some results back before sending off any "major" ones! A confidence booster would've been good right about then!

Anyway, good luck with it all. Don't worry too much about the plans with your mum... you do have to try to have a life at the same time!

Hope all goes well, I look forward to hearing how it's all going throughout the year!

Jen :)

Anonymous said...

Wishing you well for today Cez... I hope the first day of the Semester was a good one!

Jen :)

Cez said...

Jen - the degree will be through Macquarie University in Sydney. Once I've completed (and passed) 4 of their units I can register the degree. That means my study will be recognised formally by the University and upon degree completion, will be awarded it by them. Once you register it, there's no turning back! (and for a $300 fee to register it you wouldn't want to turn back!)