Monday, March 3, 2008

Day 1 of study.....

Today was the first day of my returning to study.

This is how the day went.....

6am - up with Ethan, first morning feed and cuddles, all the while wishing I had just 30mins more of sleep seeing as I was up with him at midnight because he was a little snuffly and in need of some mummy cuddles. Precious cuddles they are and of course Ethan is just too cute to deny them!

7am - Ethan went back to sleep bless him! So I got on with getting breakfast for the rest of the tribe.

Out the door at 8:45am to take 3 to school and 1 to daycare. Running a little late because I would normally go to daycare first but today I did it in reverse.

I get to my Mum's shortly after 9:30am, sit down and feed Ethan before we headed out. I was meant to go to an RPM class at the gym but I still had a bit of the headache I went to bed with the night before so I didn't think vigorous exercise was a wise idea. I'm sure the scales will reflect later that I really should have gone.

We were just about to walk out the door when the phone rings. It's Daycare. Chipmunk has a 38.2 degree temperature, she needs to be picked up ASAP. So a quick phonecall to the relevant people to cancel Chipmunks visit today with her bio-dad (spent a good part of 15mins on hold!) and we're off to pick her up.

Arrive at Daycare to find Chipmunk sitting at a table wearing a jacket WITH the hood over her head. Now keep in mind they called me saying she had a high temperature yet they let her sit there rugged up to the max! Bundle Chipmunk off to the car, forget to grab her bag, and we headed to "work" to say hi and exchange Ethan's outfit for one in a larger size. (this boy is growing too fast!). Oh I should say that Chipmunk didn't appear to be "sick" and actually brightened up when I picked her up.

Was met with the question of "When are you coming back to work? Are you coming back 5days?" and I keep on replying "I don't know yet, I'm still thinking about it" when really I know I'm not going to and probably will look into an extended trade type thing with them. Actually that's looking more and more like the best avenue to take and that would fit in (hopefully) with family, uni and everything else.

Chipmunk seems pretty happy she's out and about with us, she doesn't feel warm now and is happy to be walking along.

We head off to see one of my Mum's colleagues for lunch. Had yummy Garlic King Prawns for lunch. Actually I should say we just ate garlic and a few prawns! Overdosed on garlic today!!

After lunch we head home to my Mum's, have a drink and then pick the kids up from school and come home.

This was the first time I sat down to look at anything remotely uni related. I wanted to make sure I had access to both my units online and see where I needed to start with them. 20mins into looking I notice Chipmunk sitting on her chair shaking her legs. I thought she was being silly so just watched and she kept doing it. Poor thing was feverish and said she felt cold.

And off we go to the Dr's!

Chipmunk has tonisilitis! The poor kid!!! She now has antibiotics, will be off daycare for the rest of the week (she can possibly attend Friday if she's lucky), another cancelled visit with bio-dad that was rescheduled for Thursday. I do feel bad for her seeing as we had her out and about but she seriously seemed ok. She was a little tired which I put down to her waking up too early (which happens almost every morning) and aside from a cold, I didn't think anything was wrong, well not seriously wrong like tonsilitis.

Tayla missed her Karate class tonight because we were at the Dr's. Dinner was at Mum's because I left all the kids there so I could get Chipmunk's medication. We get home in time for bedtime and at 8pm I finally have all the kids in bed!!

So study wise, I've been able to see what assessments I have due and when (so far nothing clashes), I've found my tutorial group for 1 unit, I've had a quick look at one assessment which is a library learning exercise and a quiz related to it and I've checked my week 1 topics for both units.

Maybe tomorrow I'll move into the actual reading of prescribed readings, notes etc.

There will be no gym this week. I can't take Chipmunk there while she's sick so a few walks late afternoon will have to suffice. Rob has offered to not go in the evening so I can go to a couple of classes (boxing/pump) but the evenings are "his" gym time if he wants to go. I'll be happy with getting in 2 walks this week considering everything else that's going on.

Tomorrow's study plan will be readings for 1 unit during Ethan's sleep. And I'll look at the 2nd unit in the evening. In theory that sounds fine. We'll see how we go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm telling you.. Tonsilitis knows what the first week of semester feels like, and ALWAYS chooses that week to rear it's ugly head! Currently have my two on anti-biotics too... although, luckily, they don't really slow down when they are sick, so if anti-biotics started 24 hours ago, they still go to daycare (as long as they've had 24 hours of antibiotics)... Good luck with the rest of the week. I hope it's a lot smoother than today! Your mum sounds like a great help. Good on you mum!

Jen :)

Cez said...

Jen - Our Daycare won't let them go back unless they have a Dr's certificate giving them clearance. And the Dr yesterday said no daycare til at least Thursday. Chipmunk is doing ok. She really wants to play with everyone and I keep telling her not to get in everyone's faces, poor thing probably thinks I'm picking on her!! She's coping ok though I must say.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cez...

Oh. They are strict at your daycare! Because Tonsilitis is not THAT catching, and if they have had 24 hours of anti-biotics (not catching after 24 hours of antibiotics!) then they let them back at our day care... I do have to get clearance for most weird things, but not this. Well, not that I've ever worried, and I've never been asked! Although, having said that, they've never been "sent home" with it. If they have been sent home with something (as little Chipmunk was yesterday!) they do ask for a clearance... maybe that's the difference... But geez! Your doctor is being cautious on that one! 4 days!

Glad to hear she is coping okay though! She'd be feeling better today most likely. It doesn't take that long once the anti-biotics kick in, I don't think! So, hoping today was better, anyway!

Happy studying!

Jen :)