Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Can it get any worse?

I would love to know what I've done wrong in a previous life to deserve this week!

I went and saw my ENT on Monday. That stubborn 15yr old grommet in my ear is now causing problems. The tissue around it was trying to grow over the top of it. So after some scraping and suctioning (which let me tell you is NOT the most pleasant experience), 2 days of $30 ear drops; the tissue has now grown OVER the grommet. Today the ENT could not see it!! Good thing he knows where it's meant to be!! Now I'm on different $23 ear drops (that's $53 on ear drops in 2 days!) and I go back and see him on Tuesday.

He was going to book me in for an operation on Monday but couldn't because he already has 7 people booked!!!! He needs to take the grommet out. We always knew the grommet would have to come out one day, they're not designed to be that permanent. (apparently the 'permanent' ones only last say 5yrs.) So yes, within 2 weeks I could be in hospital, having a grommet cut out from inside my ear and hoping like crazy that there are no complications during or after the surgery!!

Turtle is causing stress again! Yesterday he slapped Ethan across the face unprovoked because Ethan was wearing an old hat of Turtle's. Mind you this hat hasn't been worn in probably 12months, has shrunk and wouldn't even fit Turtle's head! But because he saw it, he wanted it, he slapped Ethan, he took the hat. I wasn't home at the time but when I was told about it, I was absolutely livid! I've talked to Turtle, and I've explained as much as I can that this is his last chance. If he hurts Ethan again I will call who needs to be called and he may have to live somewhere else. I went into this saying that the safety of my children comes first and I have to stick with that. We still are prepared to work with Turtle and get him the help he so obviously (and desperately) needs but if the safety of any of the other children is compromised in a serious way by him again, then I'm afraid we have to put their needs ahead of Turtle's. We have done a huge thing by taking him and Chipmunk into our family but we can't have anyone put in danger because of him either. We haven't given up on him, I can't stress that enough, but I'm stuck between a rock and a very very very hard place!!

I talked to my best friend tonight on the phone about everything going on lately and she said that I didn't sound like my usual self. We only talk on the phone say once every couple of months (life gets in the way!) but apparently I didn't sound as happy or upbeat as normal, and she's known me a very long time. I told her I was tired, buggered, and just 'over' everything.

I cannot wait for our QLD holiday in July!!!!

I'm not even going to comment on study this week. With everything else that's gone on, I've had limited study time but I do hope to catch up by the end of the week.

"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, what do we do? Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swim, swim swim.................."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cez... Hope you are feeling better this week... and are staying afloat!

Jen :)