Saturday, March 29, 2008

Two days to go....

Surgery has been confirmed for Monday. I am to be at the hospital at 1:30pm and I am #3 on the list. I can have a light breakfast before 7am, and a small amount of water before 9am but nothing after. (There goes my idea of sneaking in a pump and rpm class in the morning!!)

Am I worried about the surgery? The actual surgery no. I have complete faith and trust in my doctor that we're doing the right thing and I wouldn't have signed the forms if I had the slightest doubt in his ability or his recommendation. What I will admit to be worried about is losing my hearing, or damaging it further. But let's face it, that's a risk with any kind of ear surgery. I will just think positive and what happens will happen. My doctor isn't predicting anything because he said he really doesn't know til he gets in there (my ear) and has a look around. Again making it sound like there is "all this room" inside my ear!!

Having afternoon surgery fits in better with the kids as well. We were worried how we'd juggle getting everyone to school and taken care of at the same time as getting myself to the hospital. But it would appear that the afternoon will be the issue now, more specifically picking me up to come home. That should be easy enough to work around though with some help from my Mum. I think the plan is whenever it's time for me to come home, the kids will go down to my Mum's and then come home.

I worked a bit on my learning log today. I had to change 2 words in my glossary entries as I had picked words from my other subject (SGY110) and not the subject of the assessment (SSK12). That was easy enough to fix because one reading had 2 unfamiliar words so I used both of those.

I now have 2 reading reviews to complete, one in a mind map form, the other written - and the learning log is finished. I haven't yet started the 1200word essay but I'm not envisioning any problems with that.

I have unfortunately totally neglected SGY110 this week! I shall give it some much needed attention tomorrow.

Obviously still trying to work out that study balance!!

I put in a bit of extra effort this week at the gym with pump, 2 circuit classes, boxing and for the first time - yoga. I am sore to put it politely! But it's a good sore! It's the kind of sore that will make up for me not going at all next week (on advice from one of the trainers) after surgery. I wouldn't exactly say I'm losing weight at the moment, more like I'm yo-yo'ing because of the inconsistent gym schedule I've had the past few weeks. It seems like I can fit in a good week there but the next week something happens, or someone gets sick, and I can't get there at all.

Hopefully after next week off, everything settles down and I can get back to what my original (planned) schedule between home, study, gym was supposed to be!

We took some gorgeous photos of Ethan today. We had him out the front while the kids were playing and put him on a blanket with a few toys. Daddy was a bit 'snap happy' with the camera but we have some absolutely gorgeous photos. (of course that's just my bias opinion shining through there). I took a cute posed picture of Ethan sitting up. It was more of "Daddy quick sit Ethan up, let go, *SNAP*, topple over" but it was worth it! Ethan's almost but not quite sitting on his own. He's also a caterpillar! Head down, bum up, pushes forward, bum down, head up, head down, bum up, pushes forward, bum down, head up - and repeat! Very cute to watch! We saw him rocking on all 4s today - please let him NOT crawl for just a little bit longer!! I like being able to put him down and he stays where I leave him! (or close enough, seeing as he does tend to roll all over the place of late).

Wow. What a novel this turned out to be!

Signing off for tonight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cez.. Too late now! But wishing you luck for your op today... hope it all goes well!

And Geez, you and your Gym Schedule, you are going to put me completely to shame!

Jen :)

PS. How cute Ethan-the-Catterpillar