Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Plodding along

I received my result for my assessment from week 2. I was graded a 4/5 which translates into a HD (high distinction). I am quite happy about that! The assessment piece itself, like the first one, was only weighted as 5% of my final grade. Even though it is such a small weight, I'm still very happy with myself. Neither assessment piece was difficult as one was a library exercise and the other was a set of worksheets based on why are you studying, what are your goals and other similar questions. Still, to be graded as such for both pieces, I'm happy with that!

I'm currently working on my 3rd assessment for the same subject and I'm trying to get that finished early so I can move onto the 4th as both of them are due the same day. (Friday next week!)

In other news not related to study at all...

It is Rob's birthday today. We bought him a Parramatta Eels shirt because that's his football team. The girls baked him a (rather flat) mudcake after school and gave him a card.

Tayla received an award today for outstanding work in maths.

Turtle got through the day without whinging/crying/throwing a tantrum while at school.

And school photos were taken today. Rhiannah was in fits of giggles telling me she had to say "horsies" for her portrait photo, "puppies" for her photo with Tayla and the boys all had to say "stinky feet".

I can't wait to get their pictures! Usually takes 2months to come back so I will estimate we'll have them end May. I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if we received them back sooner.

Ethan has been an absolutely adorable baby the past few days. He's such a character already! He likes to pretend he's shy and then flashes his big blue eyes and grins like crazy! He also loves attention. He literally watches people until the notice him and start talking to him. Once they do, he flashes those eyes again, huge smiles and of course gets more attention lavished on him. Something tells me I'll be having quite a lot of teenage girls calling my house for him in future years!!

Anyway, I'm at the end of my tether this evening. All forms of tidying up can just wait til tomorrow morning.

I need sleep! (dozed off on the lounge this afternoon when I was meant to be reading!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cez,

Well done on your result, good to hear its going well, and that the birthday (and flat cake!) went well!

How cute does Ethan sound?!

Oh... welcome to the tired afternoons ... it just shows you are a studying mum! On day care days I tend to put something soft on my desk, and have a powernap (head on desk) for 20-30mins on the desk. I tried going to bed once, but it didn't work! Stupid really...

I find once I've had that power nap (I set the alarm on my phone to wake me up!) I feel like crap for about 10mins (have a drink, and a muesli bar or something) then I'm firing on all cylinders for the rest of the afternoon, and into the night...

Oh, and I've also discovered ... coffee helps. I've avoided it the last 2 years (I used to drink it all the time, but was starting to get tummy aches from it - I drink it strong and black)... Now I have one coffee at about 9pm, and it gets me through to 12.30am-1am most nights!!!!

Anyway, glad to hear it's going well (also glad to hear Turtle had a good day - maybe the change in routine with the school photos helped!)...

Sleep well!

Jen :)